Our dossier was approved this week! First time submitting it, it was perfect! There were no revisions to be made or anything. I think I mentioned in a previous post what the dossier contains. Here is a recap:
2 Power Of Attorney Documents
Statement of Reason For Adopting
Photos of Hubby and I, and the inside and outside of our house
Employment Letters for Hubby and I (to ensure that we do have income)
Financial Statement
Original Birth certificates
Original Marriage License
Declaration Form Attesting To Our Health
Police Clearance Letter (to make sure we don't have criminal background)
2 Letters Of Reference (different from the 5 letters needed for our home study!)
Obligation Of Post Placement Duties
Everything has to be notarized and one form had to be state certified. Getting notarization and state certification is another story!!
Regardless, it has all been worth it so far. In Ethiopia, God is working on a child for us. And as Jesus said in John 14:18 - I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. This adoption is totally worth the wait and Hubby and I are no strangers to delayed gratification.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment