Thursday, December 17, 2009

WOW!

That is all I can say. Our little foster child will be leaving tomorrow. This was a really interesting week, to put it mildly!

My mantra for this week was Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." Thank you Hubby for speaking this scripture to me when my patience ran low!

There are so many emotions I have rolling around right now, it is hard to put it into words. Where do I start? Well, Hubby and I have decided we have been spoiled by it just being the two of us (or four, if you count our dogs, C+M) for over a decade!! This week, we had no time for us, and we didn't like it! Also, our foster child was VERY active and his mental state seemed younger than a 5 year old. Of course, we realize that our experience thus far with children, has been with children who have been raised in normal home. This little guy did not come from a good situation. That is all I'm going to say right now.

I also have to give MUCH praise to Hubby for his Fruits of the Spirit that he exhibited with our foster child! He will be a great father! For 2 nights and 3 days, he took care of our foster child (and 2 dogs) completely by himself while I was at work. Hubby is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment