Praise God, the adoption tax credit (ATC) has been extended and increased! It was set to expire December 2010, which was before we were anticipating bringing our child home. However, we decided to step out on faith and begin our adoption. Now the ATC is set to expire December 2011 and has been increased to $13,170. And, the credit has been made refundable. This means that even if our taxes don't total to $13,170, the IRS will send us a check for the difference. God says he will make our enemies our footstool! "waiting for his enemies to be laid under his feet" - Hebrews 10:13 This is going to make our adoption more affordable. And I still pray that one day, the ATC can be made permanent.
In other personal adoption news, we received a letter that our approval to adopt (issued by the US government), has now been forwarded to the Ethiopian government in Addis Ababa. Our dossier should be on its' way to Ethiopia as well. It will also need to be translated into Amharic at some point along the way. The Ethiopian government will review all these documents and give their approval for us to adopt as well. We are closer to making sure there is at least one less orphan in the world!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Z! That is really awesome news! Thank you so much for sharing this! I am so excited! It will definitely make adopting easier financially for us too!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Hey Kacy! I just saw your comment! (I think I must have some weird setting where comments don't just automatically show up!) Anyway, I am really excited that the tax credit will help your family (and many others) too! Love ya!
ReplyDelete