Sunday, February 12, 2012

Contentment

Dossier is almost done. Tomorrow our dossier will be couriered to the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington DC to be authenticated. All documents that have to be used in Ethiopia have to be authenticated by the Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia in Washington, D.C.

We have had a few conversations with our agency lately about what the situation is like in Ethiopia since the Southern/Sidama region has closed to adoption. The agency keeps encouraging us to wait just a little longer and tells us that they feel we are so close. Hubby and I continue to pray and we feel at peace waiting for our Ethiopian child.

Our agency is no longer giving estimated wait times because they have been so wrong in the past. When we first started our wait 2 years ago, they estimated that our wait would be 1 year, 1.5 years at the most. I also think they have finally accepted that only God knows when our child will come to us.

Here is a good article I found that explains about the situation regarding adoptions in Ethiopia. Of course it is not the whole story, but I think it gives a good overview of some of the challenges facing prospective international adoptive parents today.

The verse that is currently helping me through this time:

But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment - I Timothy 6:6

No comments:

Post a Comment