Side note: I wrote this post Oct. 31, 2011 in anticipation of us receiving our referral today! GOD IS SO AWESOME! I wrote this post just a few weeks after our babies were born. We didn't know our babies had been born, but God knew! I also had no idea we would receive a referral in February. I hoped and believed and God has honored our faithfulness. I love you my baby boys! Always put your trust and faith in God! Love Mommy (and Daddy :)
************************************************************************************
Today (Feb. 18, 2012) marks 24 months of waiting from the day our dossier was complete. That doesn’t count the 4 months it took us from the day we started researching adoption, picked an agency and sent in our application papers to the day our first dossier was complete. It also doesn’t count the numerous years of my childhood when I dreamed of the day I would adopt (since I was 13 years old).
So, looking at the bigger picture, it feels like it has been decades of waiting.
And today, (just like when mothers forget the pain of labor) all the angst of waiting fell away! FOUR DAYS AGO WE RECEIVED OUR REFERRAL (yes, on Valentine's Day, God chose to give us a great gift of love!!) Our dreams are coming true. We have been referred the most beautiful 4 month old baby boys! Yes, we have twins! Words can not express the joy we are feeling right now! Thank you GOD!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm still crying girl. The gift has truly been allowing us to understand the process and witness God's faithfulness. If you had never been transparent about the hope and the setbacks, the victory wouldn't be as sweet as it is right now. I'm so honored to know you and Cedric. I'm so proud and excited for you as well. The journey doesn't stop, there will still be ins and out, but the rewards get sweeter and sweeter! TashaD
ReplyDelete