Friday, October 1, 2010

My Soul Cries Out

Below is a short documentary about Korah. Korah is one of the poorest villages in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The people that live there are ignored and spend all day scouring trash in search of food that has been thrown away. There are no words to describe how I felt after watching this. Our child will not be coming from Korah, but we like to learn about all the areas of Ethiopia, our child's birth country.

In the face of all the babies and children, I see our baby. I am left wondering what the first few months of our child's life will be like. Will they be able to eat everyday? Probably not. The thought of that leaves me speechless. I cry out to God for mercy for the people of Korah and the approximately 5 million orphans in Ethiopia. I pray that hubby and I can decrease the orphan count in Ethiopia by at least 1.

The Village of Korah - A short documentary from Session 7 Media on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. My prayers are the same! Your heart for these people and children are inspiring. If only we could all decrease the orphans by one,. What a difference that would make. I believe God has his hand on you and your child(ren) even now. Praying for His blessings for you and your family, today and always!

    :) Cara

    ReplyDelete