Friday, April 23, 2010

While I Wait....

As I mentioned in a previous post, I anticipate that the wait for our child will be one of the most challenging times in my life. So far, it has been fine. However, it has only been 2 months with an estimated time of 16 more months to go! I am not disillusioned. Anyway, it has been a while since I have updated the blog so I thought I would write about what I have been doing while I wait:

1. One of the most important things, to me, that I have been doing is starting a foster care, adoption and orphan care ministry at our church. I have been channeling much of my time, energy and passion into educating others about the situation for children in foster care and orphanges.

2. Due to #1 (and our own personal situation), I have been trying to further educate myself on these topics. I just finished reading You Can Adopt

It was very quick and easy to read and I would recommend it for anyone who wants to get a general overview of adoption. It was published by the editors of a magazine I enjoy called Adoptive Families.


3. Prayer and reading and reminding myself of stories from the Bible where God made promises and they were fulfilled. One such example is in Genesis 12 where God promised Abraham a son. In this regard, my husband and I have often seen ourselves as Abraham and Sarah! :)

4. One of my favorite songs for this time in my life I discovered from the movie Fireproof and it is called While I'm Waiting by John Waller. Check it out and if you haven't seen the movie, I highly recommend it. This song really exemplifies to me that while we are waiting on God to move, we are still to serve Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment